How we use your information, and what your rights are.
Management Apprentice Training Solutions are committed to protecting your personal information.
Who we are
We are Business Transfer Agent Ltd, T/A Management Apprentice Training Solutions.
How to contact us
Registered Address: Cranfield University Innovation Centre, University Way, Cranfield, Bedfordshire, MK43 0BT, UK.
Tel: +44 (0)3300 241336
Company Registration: 05731584 (England and Wales)
Information we collect and use
Information about you that we may collect and use includes:
- Information about who you are e.g. your name, date of birth and contact details
- Information connected to your product or service with us
- Information about your contact with us e.g. meetings, phone calls, emails / letters
- Information that is automatically collected e.g. via cookies when you visit one of our websites
- Information if you visit one of our offices e.g. visual images collected via closed circuit television (CCTV)
- Information classified as ‘sensitive’ personal information e.g. relating to your health, marital or civil partnership status. This information will only be collected and used where it’s needed to provide the product or service you have requested or to comply with our legal obligations
- Information you may provide us about other people e.g. references
Where we collect your information
We may collect your personal information directly from you, from a variety of sources, including:
- A contact form from our website, or an enquiry about our services
- Phone conversations with us
- Emails or letters you send to us
- Meetings with one of our consultants
- Registering for one of our events
- Participating in research surveys to help us understand you better and improve our products and services
- Our online networks (for example Twitter or Linked In)
- If you have participated in one of our programmes through your employer, the information we collect and use will most likely have been provided by them on your behalf.
What we collect and use your information for
We take your privacy seriously and we will only ever collect and use information which is personal to you where it is necessary, fair and lawful to do so. We will collect and use your information only where:
- You have given us your permission [consent] to send you information about our services
- It’s necessary to provide the product or service you have requested
- It’s necessary for us to meet our legal or regulatory obligations
- It’s in the legitimate interests of Management Apprentice Training Solutions e.g. to deliver appropriate information and guidance so you are aware of the options that will help you get the best outcome from your programme, where we need to process your information to better understand you and your needs so we can send you more relevant communications about the programmes, where we use artificial intelligence or computer algorithms to improve the products and services offered to you
If you do not wish us to collect and use your personal information in these ways, it may mean that we will be unable to provide you with our products or services.
Who we may share your information with
We may share your information with third parties for the reasons outlined in ‘What we collect and use your information for.’
These third parties include:
- Companies within the Group
- Your adviser or employer
- Companies we have chosen to support us in the delivery of the products and services we offer to you and other customers e.g. research, consultancy or technology companies; or companies who can help us in our contact with you, for example an internet service provider
- Our regulators and Supervisory Authority e.g. the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), the Information Commissioner’s Office for the UK (the ICO)
- Law enforcement, credit and identity check agencies for the prevention and detection of crime
- HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) e.g. for the processing of tax relief on pension payments or the prevention of tax avoidance
We will never sell your details to someone else. Whenever we share your personal information, we will do so in line with our obligations to keep your information safe and secure.
Where your information is processed
The majority of your information is processed in the UK and European Economic Area (EEA).
However, some of your information may be processed by us or the third parties we work with outside of the EEA, including countries such as the United States, New Zealand and India.
Where your information is being processed outside of the EEA, we take additional steps to ensure that your information is protected to at least an equivalent level as would be applied by UK / EEA data privacy laws e.g. we will put in place legal agreements with our third-party suppliers and do regular checks to ensure they meet these obligations.
How we protect your information
We take information and system security very seriously and we strive to always comply with our obligations. Any personal information which is collected, recorded or used in any way, whether on paper, online or any other media, will have appropriate safeguards applied in line with our data protection obligations.
Your information is protected by controls designed to minimise loss or damage through accident, negligence or deliberate actions. Our employees also protect sensitive or confidential information when storing or transmitting information electronically and must undertake annual training on this.
Our security controls are aligned to industry standards and good practice; providing a control environment that effectively manages risks to the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your information.
How long we keep your information
We will keep your personal information only where it is necessary to provide you with our products or services while you are a customer.
We may also keep your information after this period, but only where required to meet our legal or regulatory obligations. The length of time we keep your information for these purposes will vary depending on the obligations we need to meet.
Your individual rights
You have several rights in relation to how Management Apprentice Training Solutions uses your information. They are:
- Right of access – you have the right of access to your personal information. If you wish to receive a copy of the personal information we hold on you, you may make a data subject access request (DSAR).
- Right to request that your personal information be rectified – if your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request that it is corrected.
- Right to request erasure – you can ask for your information to be deleted or removed if there is not a compelling reason for Management Apprentice Training Solutions to continue to have it.
- Right to restrict processing – you can ask that we block or suppress the processing of your personal information for certain reasons. This means that we are still permitted to keep your information – but only to ensure we don’t use it in the future for those reasons you have restricted.
- Right to data portability – you can ask for a copy of your personal information for your own purposes to use across different services.
- Right to object – you can object to Management Apprentice Training Solutions processing your personal information where: it’s based on our legitimate interests (including profiling); for direct marketing (including profiling); and if we were using it for scientific/historical research and statistics.
- Right to ask Management Apprentice Training Solutions to give you information about its processing of your personal information.
How to make a complaint
If you are still unhappy, you can complain to our Supervisory Authority, UK – ICO.